Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Install/Remove Programs

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 rutz5

rutz5

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

Everytime i try to Install or Uninstal a program i get this error

Could not access network location %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\.

Please help me

Edited by rutz5, 11 April 2010 - 03:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

When was the last time you ran a virus scan?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 rutz5

rutz5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

There are no viruses just finished that part of the computer awhile back

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic304387-30.html

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

did you run sfc?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 rutz5

rutz5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

would not work kept asking for a disc with service pack 3.....my install disk is service pack 2

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

so it would not work with the sp2 disc? its worth a try.
sigcomp.png 

#7 rutz5

rutz5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

no it would not run/...it would ask for my windows disk....i put it in and then it said it needed a windows disk with sp3

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

ok well unless:

:flowers: you get a sp3 cd or

:thumbsup: someone else comes along and has another idea then i cannot offer any more assistance i am very sorry that i cant help you any further.
sigcomp.png 

#9 rutz5

rutz5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

thanks anyway

#10 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

you are welcome i am sure another great member will come along to assist you. i will continue to research to find an answer to your problem. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,298 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

You can update your XP CD...to include SP3...very easily.

Slipstreaming Windows XP To Create a Bootable Windows XP CD or DVD - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/slipstreaming-windows-xp-to-create-bootable-cd/

Once that is done, you should be able to either run the sfc /scannow command or do a repair install of XP (they both accomplish the same end, as far as replacing missing/damaged system files).

System manufacturer and model?

You have a MS Genuine XP CD...as opposed to recovery/restore CDs?

Louis

#12 rutz5

rutz5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

i have a genuine xp home cd........it's asking me for professional service pack 3

#13 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

read the tutorial that Louis has suggested and do what it says and you will have created an xp home sp3 disc.

Edited by computerxpds, 11 April 2010 - 05:14 PM.

sigcomp.png 

#14 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,298 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

FWIW: It's a known quirk that sometimes the sfc /scannow command will ask for the XP Pro CD...where users have XP Home installed.

Microsoft Says: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=897128. But...I've had this happen a couple of times...I just ignore it and insert the XP Home CDs which I have a license for...and the scan continues.

Possibly worth reading, http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/howto-24.html.

Louis

#15 rutz5

rutz5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:19 PM

ok i did all of this ran the thing then once the bar got full it disappeared was i supposed to get a summery or anything?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users