Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advent computer virus problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CookieDemons

CookieDemons

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:16 AM

A relative of mine is having problems with her computer. When she turns it on, she gets a pop up saying about how she has X amount of viruses and they're a big threat. When she clicks to fix them/delete them she gets a message saying about how she must pay 49.99 for this service. Whenever she tries to load any programme it just shuts the programme down and pops back up with the she has to pay.

We tried to restore it back to factory settings but trying to do that it just closed it again.

I'm currently studying ICT at A Level, but this is something I can't help her with computer wise. Can anyone help us as we really need it. Thank you.

EDIT: Moved to Am I Infected forum, more appropriate ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 11 April 2010 - 10:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 roadclosed

roadclosed

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

So that someone can offer help, can you please give us some basic information...

1)Windows version

2)Antivirus protection ( if any) on the computer

3)Other protection programs installed ( eg Malwarebytes/Superantispyware)

When were these last fully updated ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users