Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sabrent pci TV tuner trouble

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:15 AM

Ok so when i ordered all of the parts for my new custom pc around Christmas i also ordered a new Sabrent SBT-TVFM pci tv tuner and after putting the custom pc together i put the card in and i installed all of the software for it and it worked from then on but just recently i am having trouble with the picture freezing and the sound will keep going with the frozen pic.

So anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this annoying situation i was thinking about getting another one in a few months after i save up enough money this one was only about $25.00US.

if no one has any ideas then i could really use some suggestions on an new card. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:37 AM

You are sure this pci card is the problem?

Have you checked for updated drivers from the vendors web site, or are you using the drivers and software that came with the device?

You could try looking into updating to a USB device instead of the PCI type, it might cause less problems with resource conflicts.

Check this link out at newegg.com Although it includes PCI-E cards, I would look at the USB devices as your next choice of hardware.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....tv+cards+for+pc
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

I just checked the manufacturers website and there were no updated drivers and thank you for the link i checked them out. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:46 AM

Uninstall the drivers and software...reinstall both. Possibly damaged files will not be repaired/replaced otherwise.

That's what I learned from my ATI AIW experiences.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users