Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - been to malware forum but it's still there

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 dennisrmd01

dennisrmd01

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:15 AM

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x0000000A (0xF8A262C0, 0x...2, 0x...1, 0x804D9B68)

XP Home, SP3

NB Been advised by m0le to come here after days at malware forum will no fix... Posted as 'all started with KB977165' lots of log and report files there.

Followed numerous fixes (including http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979682) see posts in pervious forum... but same BSOD still there.... sometimes when I boot - sometimes it is good for an hour?

Dazed and confused and would welcome any help to try and sort it out before I set fire to the damm thing :thumbsup:

Thank You

Den

PS Sorry but I have not found a way to move form one forum to another yet.

EDIT: Removed malware removal logs attached, no bearing on current problem...not allowed in XP forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 11 April 2010 - 10:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:42 AM

Download/install BlueScreenView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items. Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

FWIW: The error you cited is a very general one. See OA in left column at http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm.

Louis

#3 dennisrmd01

dennisrmd01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

Louis

I welcome your help...

BSOD.txt

Thanks

Den

==================================================
Dump File : Mini041110-10.dmp
Crash Time : 11/04/2010 18:13:03
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x1000000a
Parameter 1 : 0xf8a262c0
Parameter 2 : 0x00000002
Parameter 3 : 0x00000001
Parameter 4 : 0x804d9b68
Caused By Driver : w70n51.sys
Caused By Address : w70n51.sys+2a3ae
File Description : Intel® PRO/Wireless LAN Driver
Product Name : Intel® PRO/Wireless LAN Adapter
Company : Intel® Corporation
File Version : 1.2.1.4
Processor : 32-bit
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\minidump\Mini041110-10.dmp
Processors Count : 1
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 2600

Dump File : Mini041110-09.dmp
Crash Time : 11/04/2010 12:16:33
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x1000000a
Parameter 1 : 0xf8a262c0
Parameter 2 : 0x00000002
Parameter 3 : 0x00000001
Parameter 4 : 0x804d9b68
Caused By Driver : w70n51.sys
Caused By Address : w70n51.sys+2a3ae
File Description : Intel® PRO/Wireless LAN Driver
Product Name : Intel® PRO/Wireless LAN Adapter
Company : Intel® Corporation
File Version : 1.2.1.4
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\minidump\Mini041110-09.dmp

There are 100's entries between these will add an attachment (300KB+) after managed my attachments...

Dump File : Mini041908-01.dmp
Crash Time : 19/04/2008 11:36:11
Bug Check String : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x1000007e
Parameter 1 : 0xc0000005
Parameter 2 : 0xf876e371
Parameter 3 : 0xf8999c10
Parameter 4 : 0xf899990c
Caused By Driver : usbhub.sys
Caused By Address : usbhub.sys+c371
File Description : Default Hub Driver for USB
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\minidump\Mini041908-01.dmp
=================================

#4 dennisrmd01

dennisrmd01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

Louis

BSOD.txt is too big for an attachment (over 500K) but the the two entries in the previous reply are just duplicated lots of times...

Interesting... as the Intel onborad wireless chip was updated with some new drivers for WPA2 (i think) at some stage and I did (attempt) to uninstall a external USB wiFi when the problem began (after the KB 977165 problem started) and I was looking for reasons.

and I have sepnt all that time and effort hunting virus :thumbsup:

What is you analysis?

Den

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

We will focus on the two most recent BSODs.

Looking at the errors, it looks like your wireless lan driver is in trouble. I suggest uninstalling the drivers (via Device Manager) and then reinstalling same. A common reason for drivers suddenly proving troublesome...they have become damaged (files become damaged all the time in Windows). Uninstall it first...then reinstall it.

You can use the drivers which are on the CD for the system...or you can go to the appropriate website and download new ones. I tend to stick with older ones which are known to work, rather than update and take chances of failure.

The error you posted going back 2 years...is not worthy of attention. What went wrong 2 years ago won't hurt you today...and, if it does, it will produce a more recent BSOD and error message.

Louis

System manufacturer and model?

Edited by hamluis, 11 April 2010 - 02:18 PM.

#6 dennisrmd01

dennisrmd01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:06 PM

Louis

I don't have the CD and not 100% certain how to get the correct driver given if I get it wrong I loose access to the net etc... I assume I should get the driver before I uninstall etc....

How would you suggest I go about it without screwing up? :thumbsup:

System manufacturer and model -
Intel® PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adaptor
Driver 1.2.1.4 13/10/2003

NB the Intel automatic update site did not recognise my current driver - bit of a worry!

Thanks for your help and understanding

Den

#7 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

what is your manufacturer of you system such as Dell, HP ETC... or is it a custom? also what is the model.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#8 dennisrmd01

dennisrmd01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

Fujitsu Lifebook 5 series S6120

#9 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:12 PM

Click this to download the driver--> http://www.fujitsu-pc-asia.com/drivers/sum...v12441_xp2k.zip
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

Drivers, Fujitsu Lifebook Series S, 6120

The last XP driver is the one that you need to install...after removing the current one installed.

Louis

#11 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

Drivers, Fujitsu Lifebook Series S, 6120

The last XP driver is the one that you need to install...after removing the current one installed.

Louis

that's the one that i posted. :thumbsup: only its the exact driver download link.

Edited by computerxpds, 11 April 2010 - 05:27 PM.

sigcomp.png 

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

OK...

Louis

#13 dennisrmd01

dennisrmd01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:11 AM

Guys

It is looking good only one BSOD (page fault?) since I installed new WiFi driver - fantastic.

Will give the PC a hard time over next couple of days and confirm it is fixed.

Thank You for your help so far.

Den

PS Just thinking given that this came form nowhere... is there any easy way that I can check all my drivers / system files are up-to-date / 100%?

#14 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:43 AM

A fairly common opinion among experienced users...is that a system only needs drivers updated...when a given function is not working properly.

I know that various entities have fostered the concept that users need to continuously update all drivers...all the time...ad infinitum...but I don't agree with this perspective.

I don't replace hardware system components which are working well...why should I replace the drivers for such when they are working as intended?

I take the same view regarding "driver updating" as I do regarding "BIOS updating"...if it ain't broke, don't break it :thumbsup:.

Driver updates should not be treated in the same manner that XP critical updates should be treated (continuous, timely updating).

Others may have differing opinions, particularly those who are marketing or otherwise proactive in behalf of needless programs like Driver Detective...and those who don't understand the relationship between drivers, hardware components, and XP.

Louis

#15 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:43 AM

A fairly common opinion among experienced users...is that a system only needs drivers updated...when a given function is not working properly.

I always keep my drivers updated regardless if my previous drivers are running just fine. Driver updates also add functionality and boost performance, and the same goes for BIOS updates. I am constantly checking to make sure my BIOS is the absolute latest, and my computer runs 100% stable and is 100% reliable with anything I throw at it.

I perform updates on all my computers from software to hardware related drivers, and not one single issue with any of the computers. They run beautifully.

The if it aint broke theory shouldn't apply to computing. It distracts the users from properly maintaining their computers and keeping up with the latest patches. Would you highly advise someone to hook a pre-SP1 XP Machine to the internet? After all if it aint broke dont fix it right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users