Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp search feature

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 superqaz

superqaz

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:25 AM

hi

xp search feature finds more files than there are . i only have 5 ms word files containing he searched for key word , but "search" goes on for ever finding dozens of identical files [in size, name and location[

any ideas anyone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

the search displays the closest answer to the search term first and then goes down in how closely each answer is to the search term, also there are some duplicates that can come up as search does not filter these answers sometimes. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 superqaz

superqaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:16 AM

but they are identical, not close

also i dont have duplicates so where do they come from?

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:55 AM

i dont know i have never had it happen before to me nor have i ever really needed to use the xp search feature.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 superqaz

superqaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

ok thanx anyway i will wait and see if anyone else picks this up

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

What are you searching for?

#7 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:28 PM

Just a suggestion. Download Everything search engine. It is amazing. By the time you have typed your
search item they are all there.

http://download.cnet.com/Everything/3000-2...4-10890746.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users