Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove XP Defender Pro and prevent having it

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mybadongt

mybadongt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:19 AM

Does anyone know how to remove XP Defender Pro trojan.?? It disguises itself as an AV remover and crashes your PC. It got me and i ended up changing my hard drive and reinstalling everything.

Edited by elise025, 11 April 2010 - 08:19 AM.
Topic moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Elise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:32 AM

You can use the BC Removal Guide as a reference, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...irus-vista-2010.

As for prevention...I have no answer for that, other than general safe computing habits and ensuring that all system defenses are updated and working properly.

Like many things that are dangerous...knowing what it is and what not to do...are key, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users