Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 9

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

I have Internet Explorer 8 on my Windows XP computer. When I go to Tools/Internet Options/Programs/E-mail how can I choose which e-mail program that I want to put there? Thank you very much. Murrar

EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 11 April 2010 - 10:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:05 AM

Hi Murrar -

You have titled your post as I.E.9 ?? This will not work properly on XP -
Re : I.E.8 Email - You would put Outlook Express -

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:07 AM

There should be a drop down list of programs there to select from and then you just select whichever one you use.

I know a lot of people have had trouble having the program they use show up in that list, and if yours isn't there, there is probably a way to add yours, however, I do not know what it is. I use AOL and that showed up in the drop down list in the version of IE that I use.

Let us know if the program you want to use for email is listed there and if it is not, maybe someone knows of a way to put it in there.

#4 StartingOver

StartingOver

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

Hi Murrar!

Trying to learn about computers myself (on a daily basis!!), sometimes my biggest challenge was know what questions to ask. Or, when asking a question, I would find that there was terminology that I didn't know that would have helped me phrase the question better. (What I don't know has never scared me. I can learn. It's what I don't know that I don't know that causes me the most trouble!)

Not knowing your skill level, please forgive me if the following advice is "preaching to the choir" as the old saying goes!

What you are trying to research is, if I'm not mistaken, called an "Email Client" (why? I don't know. I call it an email program unless I need help with it). I would suggest trying a Google search, such as: "How do I get IE8 to recognize XXXXX" (Of course, where XXXXX is the name of the email client you are trying to use).

Be careful selecting the results from Google and only select websites you are familiar with or ones that someone else knows is secure (like the folks here!). Obviously, the support sites belonging to Microsoft are usually safe (bloated, but safe). I've had some success with (I hope this is right) ehow.com and about.com without running into security risks.

Another Google search might be: "IE8 will not recognize email client"

Finally, If you would post the name of the email program (client) you are trying to use back here, someone here may have a more direct answer for you.

Good luck! :thumbsup:
StartingOver
Just Remember "To Err Is Human" (To REALLY Foul Things Up Requires A Computer!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users