Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Irritating issue using Rkill to Remove Antivirus Suite

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Droethan

Droethan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...antivirus-suite

I've recently found myself at the mercy of AVS. While the above guide seemed helpful at first, I've run into a very frustrating issue; all attempts to run rKill end in a "Windows - No Disk Processing Exception Message" error. The AVS's typical defense message still pops up, and I run rKill again behind it as instructed, but it still seems to not run properly; hammering "cancel" or "continue" on the No Disk message makes rKill close itself eventually, but seemingly to no affect. All attempts to rectify THAT error are either blacked by AVS, or have thus far failed (no floppy drive anymore, clearing recently opened documents, changing the drive designation of my USB/EHDD, etc.)

Is there perhaps another rKill-like program that could be used to perform the same function? Otherwise, I'm beginning to run out of options... minor note, I've discovered that for some odd reason my primary HDD is (I) rather than I'd hate to think that has anything to do with anything, as changing that designations seems likely to be troublesome.

P.S. Google-fu does not seem to reveal anyone with the same SPECIFIC combination of errors I have; merely how to fix one or the other. I am, at this point, supremely frustrated.

Edited by Pandy, 11 April 2010 - 12:26 AM.
Moved from Windows XP Home and Pro to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Droethan

Droethan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:52 AM

Umm.... hmm, it seems to be dead.

I restarted in Safe Mode, "ran" RKill, used MDAM, removed, rebooted back into Safe Mode, repeated, and now it seems AVS is no more.

Still can't run RKill without Windows No Disk errors, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users