Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I just reformat?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bokoboko

bokoboko

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:23 PM

In the past week I got an annoying amount of Trojans that let in pop-ups. Trying to fix it I used avast and it required a boot scan, so I did that an deleted the viruses. Unfortunatley that somehow messed with the system and it's is now running than it did before. I'm thinking that the Trojans ha worked their way into the framework.

Seeing as that I don't have any precious documents on there I was considering something. I could
just move my music by using iTunes inter-account sharing software (putting it on my other computer) and moving my papers onto a flash drive. Besides those things I have nothing. I was then going to reformat the computer (I have thedisk to do so), start anew. Does this sound like a good plan? I need it back in shape fast and don't want to waste any time with a professional. I know it's a software only problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

Doing a clean install is always a clean quick way of geting a fresh stable system. Just make sure you back up everything you need before hand including drivers for your hardware after the install and any outlook files if you use it.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users