Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

snapshot of msconfig and pocesses?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 schugeorge

schugeorge

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:15 PM

is there a way I can post an image of all processes that are running in the backround or at startup. I know I have some programs running in backround slowing down my pc. I've gone in and got rid of some of the excess antispy and virus programs. I had like 2 or 3 of each and kept one of each. I also deleted programs I don't use or haven't used in long time or that mar have been installed secretly when instaliing somthing i wanted. or perhaps installed whan I opened email. If I can post an image of programs instead of listing each on individually this would save a ton of time..any recommendations on good snapshot programs which are practical and easy to use......thanx

PS: I'm doing all this as my pc is starting to run really slow.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

You can download a program called Autoruns...install same...and then, using print screen, take a snapshot of the Logon tab.

AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

That should do it for startups.

You can take as many screenshots of Task Manager and the Process tab...as you need...to see/illustrate all processes running.

Louis

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

As for Autoruns, you can save it as a text file:
Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file.

As for running processes...
Download, install, and run Whats Running.
Click on Take snapshot in the left pane.
New pop-up window will open.
Click on Save snapshot, and save the file as snap (.xml extension will be added automatically) to know location.

Posted Image

Zip the file, and attach it to your next reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users