Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wow, Can I get a little help over here?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 cmhav

cmhav

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

Wow, I have search and searched to no avail. I have a search engine redirect virus and cannot get rid of it. I have read as much on this as I could and still no resolve. I have deleted temporary files, ran AVG, and Spybot S&D, Windows Defender. I have also reinstalled AVG and Spybot S&D. Still no results. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:57 PM

Please download Malwarebytes from Here or Here
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
    Posted Image
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected .
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.
  • Note: If you receive a notice that some of the items couldn't be removed, that they have been added to the delete on reboot list, please reboot.
Post the log afterwards
What browser are you using?

#3 cmhav

cmhav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:29 PM

I am using IE and Firefox. Redirect with both. I did as you asked. During the process AVG came up with a threat: Trojan horse Generic 17.AWJU ; Located at C:\windows\PEV.exe. I went through the process and two of the same were shown in the virus vault. One was removed and one showed "object inaccessable". I have a print screen but IDK how to add it to the post (if that would help).

Here is the Malwarebytes log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.45
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 3976

Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

4/10/2010 9:57:20 PM
mbam-log-2010-04-10 (21-57-20).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 107136
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 22 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 4
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{38061edc-40bb-4618-a8da-e56353347e6d} (Adware.EZlife) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{a9722a0d-365f-47d2-b70b-37d046316d99} (Adware.EZlife) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\adhlpr.adhlpr (Adware.Adrotator) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\adhlpr.adhlpr.1.0 (Adware.Adrotator) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Windows\System32\winset.ini (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\ave.exe (Rogue.MultipleAV) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#4 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:27 AM

Have you ran combofix
C:\windows\PEV.exe is part of that

SAS, may take a long time to scan
Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
  • First
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
Note.. SAS doesn't open the registry hives for other user accounts on the system, so scans should be done from each user account.

#5 cmhav

cmhav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:24 PM

Done. And yes, I did run ComboFix. I did this prior to realizing I needed to start my own thread.... I only ran SuperAntispyware with my user account. It is the only active account. I do have the generic "Guest" account, but it isn't turned on. Will I need to activate it and run the program over? BTW, Go Red Devils! :thumbsup:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 04/11/2010 at 01:49 PM

Application Version : 4.35.1002

Core Rules Database Version : 4793
Trace Rules Database Version: 2605

Scan type : Quick Scan
Total Scan Time : 01:07:38

Memory items scanned : 337
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 576
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 94180
File threats detected : 36

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\christopher@atdmt[2].txt
C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\christopher@revsci[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@247realmedia[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@ad.yieldmanager[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@ad.yieldmanager[4].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@ad.yieldmanager[5].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@adbrite[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@adbrite[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@advertise[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@advertise[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@advertise[3].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@advertise[4].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@chitika[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@click.fastpartner[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@clickpayz2.91469.blueseek[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@collective-media[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@collective-media[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@content.yieldmanager[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@content.yieldmanager[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@imrworldwide[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@invitemedia[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@invitemedia[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@invitemedia[4].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@invitemedia[5].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@oasn04.247realmedia[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@realmedia[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@realmedia[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@realmedia[4].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@revsci[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@ru4[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@trafficengine[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@trafficmp[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@tribalfusion[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@xml.trafficengine[2].txt

Trojan.Agent/Gen
C:\QOOBOX\QUARANTINE\C\SYSMON\KFOKF63317\ABDXK52883.EXE.VIR

#6 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
  • Main Mirror
    This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
  • Zipped Mirror
    This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
  • Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.

Posted Image
  • GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
  • If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
  • Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
  • Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
  • Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.
[i]-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in safe mode.
-- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a BSODs, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning

#7 cmhav

cmhav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

Done. First two times I ran it I received a blue screen error. The third I also turned of Windows Defender, then no issue. I did receive an alert from AVG as I checked the box to scan for tracking cookies. The infection is listed as Yieldmanager (X2). They are both in the same location C:\Users...AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\...@ad.yieldmanager[1].txt. I am unable to remove the infections with the AVG process. Here is the GMER log:

GMER 1.0.15.15281 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-04-11 17:07:50
Windows 6.1.7600
Running: ppcny3du.exe; Driver: C:\Users\CHRIST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\kwlyraoc.sys

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

INT 0x1F \SystemRoot\system32\halmacpi.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL/Microsoft Corporation) 82C26AF8
INT 0x37 \SystemRoot\system32\halmacpi.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL/Microsoft Corporation) 82C26104
INT 0xC1 \SystemRoot\system32\halmacpi.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL/Microsoft Corporation) 82C263F4
INT 0xD1 \SystemRoot\system32\halmacpi.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL/Microsoft Corporation) 82C0E634
INT 0xD2 \SystemRoot\system32\halmacpi.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL/Microsoft Corporation) 82C0E898
INT 0xDF \SystemRoot\system32\halmacpi.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL/Microsoft Corporation) 82C261DC
INT 0xE1 \SystemRoot\system32\halmacpi.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL/Microsoft Corporation) 82C26958
INT 0xE3 \SystemRoot\system32\halmacpi.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL/Microsoft Corporation) 82C266F8
INT 0xFD \SystemRoot\system32\halmacpi.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL/Microsoft Corporation) 82C26F2C
INT 0xFE \SystemRoot\system32\halmacpi.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL/Microsoft Corporation) 82C271A8

---- Kernel code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text ntkrnlpa.exe!ZwSaveKeyEx + 13BD 82C865C9 1 Byte [06]
.text ntkrnlpa.exe!KiDispatchInterrupt + 5A2 82CAB052 19 Bytes [E0, 0F, BA, F0, 07, 73, 09, ...] {LOOPNZ 0x11; MOV EDX, 0x97307f0; MOV CR4, EAX; OR AL, 0x80; MOV CR4, EAX; RET ; MOV ECX, CR3}
.text peauth.sys A0228C9D 28 Bytes [9E, BD, BF, 77, E5, DF, 1B, ...]
.text peauth.sys A0228CC1 28 Bytes [9E, BD, BF, 77, E5, DF, 1B, ...]
PAGE peauth.sys A022EB9B 72 Bytes [4E, 11, D4, 05, 56, 98, C1, ...]
PAGE peauth.sys A022EBEC 111 Bytes [27, 9E, 87, FE, 0A, 9A, C6, ...]
PAGE peauth.sys A022EE20 101 Bytes [A6, D6, D7, 58, 10, C7, A7, ...]
PAGE ...
PAGE spsys.sys!?SPRevision@@3PADA + 4F90 A03AF000 290 Bytes [8B, FF, 55, 8B, EC, 33, C0, ...]
PAGE spsys.sys!?SPRevision@@3PADA + 50B3 A03AF123 629 Bytes [A5, 3A, A0, FE, 05, 34, A5, ...]
PAGE spsys.sys!?SPRevision@@3PADA + 5329 A03AF399 101 Bytes [6A, 28, 59, A5, 5E, C6, 03, ...]
PAGE spsys.sys!?SPRevision@@3PADA + 538F A03AF3FF 148 Bytes [18, 5D, C2, 14, 00, 8B, FF, ...]
PAGE spsys.sys!?SPRevision@@3PADA + 543B A03AF4AB 2228 Bytes [8B, FF, 55, 8B, EC, FF, 75, ...]
PAGE ...

---- User code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe[1460] ntdll.dll!NtProtectVirtualMemory 77D75360 5 Bytes JMP 0018000A
.text C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe[1460] ntdll.dll!NtWriteVirtualMemory 77D75EE0 5 Bytes JMP 003E000A
.text C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe[1460] ntdll.dll!KiUserExceptionDispatcher 77D76448 5 Bytes JMP 0017000A
.text C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe[1460] ole32.dll!CoCreateInstance 773257FC 5 Bytes JMP 005B000A
.text C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe[1460] USER32.dll!GetCursorPos 7618C198 5 Bytes JMP 005C000A
.text C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE[3664] ntdll.dll!NtProtectVirtualMemory 77D75360 5 Bytes JMP 001C000A
.text C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE[3664] ntdll.dll!NtWriteVirtualMemory 77D75EE0 5 Bytes JMP 001D000A
.text C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE[3664] ntdll.dll!KiUserExceptionDispatcher 77D76448 5 Bytes JMP 001B000A

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice \Driver\kbdclass \Device\KeyboardClass0 Wdf01000.sys (Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime/Microsoft Corporation)
AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Tcp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume1 fvevol.sys (BitLocker Drive Encryption Driver/Microsoft Corporation)
AttachedDevice \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume1 rdyboost.sys (ReadyBoost Driver/Microsoft Corporation)
AttachedDevice \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume2 fvevol.sys (BitLocker Drive Encryption Driver/Microsoft Corporation)
AttachedDevice \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume2 rdyboost.sys (ReadyBoost Driver/Microsoft Corporation)
AttachedDevice \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume3 fvevol.sys (BitLocker Drive Encryption Driver/Microsoft Corporation)
AttachedDevice \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume3 rdyboost.sys (ReadyBoost Driver/Microsoft Corporation)

Device \Driver\ACPI_HAL \Device\0000004a halmacpi.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL/Microsoft Corporation)

AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Udp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\RawIp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)

Device -> \Driver\iaStor \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 8715CAC8

---- Registry - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{47629D4B-2AD3-4e50-B716-A66C15C63153}\InprocServer32
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{47629D4B-2AD3-4e50-B716-A66C15C63153}\InprocServer32@ThreadingModel Apartment
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{47629D4B-2AD3-4e50-B716-A66C15C63153}\InprocServer32@ C:\Windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{47629D4B-2AD3-4e50-B716-A66C15C63153}\InprocServer32@cd042efbbd7f7af1647644e76e06692b 0xE2 0x63 0x26 0xF1 ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{604BB98A-A94F-4a5c-A67C-D8D3582C741C}\InprocServer32
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{604BB98A-A94F-4a5c-A67C-D8D3582C741C}\InprocServer32@ThreadingModel Apartment
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{604BB98A-A94F-4a5c-A67C-D8D3582C741C}\InprocServer32@ C:\Windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{604BB98A-A94F-4a5c-A67C-D8D3582C741C}\InprocServer32@bca643cdc5c2726b20d2ecedcc62c59b 0x6A 0x9C 0xD6 0x61 ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{684373FB-9CD8-4e47-B990-5A4466C16034}\InprocServer32
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{684373FB-9CD8-4e47-B990-5A4466C16034}\InprocServer32@ThreadingModel Apartment
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{684373FB-9CD8-4e47-B990-5A4466C16034}\InprocServer32@ C:\Windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{684373FB-9CD8-4e47-B990-5A4466C16034}\InprocServer32@2c81e34222e8052573023a60d06dd016 0xFF 0x7C 0x85 0xE0 ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{74554CCD-F60F-4708-AD98-D0152D08C8B9}\InprocServer32
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{74554CCD-F60F-4708-AD98-D0152D08C8B9}\InprocServer32@ThreadingModel Apartment
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{74554CCD-F60F-4708-AD98-D0152D08C8B9}\InprocServer32@ C:\Windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{74554CCD-F60F-4708-AD98-D0152D08C8B9}\InprocServer32@2582ae41fb52324423be06337561aa48 0x86 0x8C 0x21 0x01 ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{7EB537F9-A916-4339-B91B-DED8E83632C0}\InprocServer32
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{7EB537F9-A916-4339-B91B-DED8E83632C0}\InprocServer32@ThreadingModel Apartment
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{7EB537F9-A916-4339-B91B-DED8E83632C0}\InprocServer32@ C:\Windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{7EB537F9-A916-4339-B91B-DED8E83632C0}\InprocServer32@caaeda5fd7a9ed7697d9686d4b818472 0xF5 0x1D 0x4D 0x73 ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{948395E8-7A56-4fb1-843B-3E52D94DB145}\InprocServer32
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{948395E8-7A56-4fb1-843B-3E52D94DB145}\InprocServer32@ThreadingModel Apartment
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{948395E8-7A56-4fb1-843B-3E52D94DB145}\InprocServer32@ C:\Windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{948395E8-7A56-4fb1-843B-3E52D94DB145}\InprocServer32@a4a1bcf2cc2b8bc3716b74b2b4522f5d 0xB0 0x18 0xED 0xA7 ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{AC3ED30B-6F1A-4bfc-A4F6-2EBDCCD34C19}\InprocServer32
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{AC3ED30B-6F1A-4bfc-A4F6-2EBDCCD34C19}\InprocServer32@ThreadingModel Apartment
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{AC3ED30B-6F1A-4bfc-A4F6-2EBDCCD34C19}\InprocServer32@ C:\Windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{AC3ED30B-6F1A-4bfc-A4F6-2EBDCCD34C19}\InprocServer32@4d370831d2c43cd13623e232fed27b7b 0x97 0x20 0x4E 0x9A ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{DE5654CA-EB84-4df9-915B-37E957082D6D}\InprocServer32
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{DE5654CA-EB84-4df9-915B-37E957082D6D}\InprocServer32@ThreadingModel Apartment
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{DE5654CA-EB84-4df9-915B-37E957082D6D}\InprocServer32@ C:\Windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{DE5654CA-EB84-4df9-915B-37E957082D6D}\InprocServer32@1d68fe701cdea33e477eb204b76f993d 0x01 0x3A 0x48 0xFC ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E39C35E8-7488-4926-92B2-2F94619AC1A5}\InprocServer32
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E39C35E8-7488-4926-92B2-2F94619AC1A5}\InprocServer32@ThreadingModel Apartment
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E39C35E8-7488-4926-92B2-2F94619AC1A5}\InprocServer32@ C:\Windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E39C35E8-7488-4926-92B2-2F94619AC1A5}\InprocServer32@1fac81b91d8e3c5aa4b0a51804d844a3 0xF6 0x0F 0x4E 0x58 ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EACAFCE5-B0E2-4288-8073-C02FF9619B6F}\InprocServer32
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EACAFCE5-B0E2-4288-8073-C02FF9619B6F}\InprocServer32@ThreadingModel Apartment
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EACAFCE5-B0E2-4288-8073-C02FF9619B6F}\InprocServer32@ C:\Windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EACAFCE5-B0E2-4288-8073-C02FF9619B6F}\InprocServer32@f5f62a6129303efb32fbe080bb27835b 0x37 0xA4 0xAA 0xC3 ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F8F02ADD-7366-4186-9488-C21CB8B3DCEC}\InprocServer32
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F8F02ADD-7366-4186-9488-C21CB8B3DCEC}\InprocServer32@ThreadingModel Apartment
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F8F02ADD-7366-4186-9488-C21CB8B3DCEC}\InprocServer32@ C:\Windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F8F02ADD-7366-4186-9488-C21CB8B3DCEC}\InprocServer32@fd4e2e1a3940b94dceb5a6a021f2e3c6 0xE3 0x0E 0x66 0xD5 ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{FEE45DE2-A467-4bf9-BF2D-1411304BCD84}\InprocServer32
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{FEE45DE2-A467-4bf9-BF2D-1411304BCD84}\InprocServer32@ThreadingModel Apartment
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{FEE45DE2-A467-4bf9-BF2D-1411304BCD84}\InprocServer32@ C:\Windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{FEE45DE2-A467-4bf9-BF2D-1411304BCD84}\InprocServer32@8a8aec57dd6508a385616fbc86791ec2 0x6C 0x43 0x2D 0x1E ...

---- Files - GMER 1.0.15 ----

File C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iaStor.sys suspicious modification

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

#8 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

File C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iaStor.sys suspicious modification

Looks like you have a rootkit.

Follow steps 6-9 here and post the logs here

#9 cmhav

cmhav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:26 AM

I did those steps yesterday (about 12 hours ago). I haven't received a response. I wanted to make sure I didn't need to post one here also? I am now occasionally getting a random new tab open with Firefox if the browser sits idle. AVG usually gives a warning and disallows the page from opening. Should I be doing something else? Re-run Spybot s&d or SuperAntispyware? Thanks.

#10 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:35 AM

It can take a few days for a reply in that forum.It would be best not to make any changes until you start to get help,use the computer as little as possible until then.
Do not bump your topic as this will make the waiting time longer.Helpers look for topics with 0 replies first.

#11 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hello,

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309021/infected-with-rootkit-defogger/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users