Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound missing on computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 merosler

merosler

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:45 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me. Somehow my computer can no longer play volume (when I click the "volume" icon on my computer it says it can't find it)

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 4000 with Windows XP installed.

Do I have to reinstall Windows XP or do I need to reinstall Dell software?

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated!

thank you,
matt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:06 AM

First port of call to try and get it back to normal is to run 'System Restore' (Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore). Click 'Next'. On the calendar, all available restore points will be in bold print. Click on a bold date from. say, three or four days ago and click Next. System Restore will NOT interfere with any files in 'My Documents', but if you installed any programs since the restore date you've chosen, they will have to be re-installed when System Restore has finished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users