- Windows XPSP3 fully updated
- FF 3.6.3
- IE 8.0.6001.18702
- Opera 10.51
- JRE 1.6.0_19
- MBAM 1.45
- Avast 5.0.462
- Hijackthis 2.0.2
What I've done/checked thus far:
- I checked if IE or FF was running via a proxy, and neither are.
- Ran Rkill before the following:
- Ran MBAM and found nothing
- Avast full scan finds nothing
- Ran ESET online, finds nothing
Additional details: Similar to another post here - using msconfig to boot into safe mode, I get this message: "access denied, need administrator account" even though my account is administrator. The result is that I DO boot into safe mode and any changes I make in msconfig seem to stick, but I still get the access denied error message.
I look forward to your assistance,
Edited by tuxalot, 10 April 2010 - 05:12 PM.