Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avast! 5 and Windows Home Server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

I'm running Avast! 4.8 on my desktop/netbook, and I bought a license for Avast! 4.8 Server edition for my WHS. If I upgrade to Avast! 5, does anyone know if it will play nice with version 4 of the server? I'm concerned that it will break the connection. It's really nice having the dashboard on the server software to see the definitions, expiration and last scan of my various computers.

Thanks!

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:08 PM

OK, apparently no one else wondered. :thumbsup: I did finally hear back from the developers:

Thank you for contacting ALWIL Software company with your concerns.

My name is Michal and I am happy to assist you today. I am sorry for the delay...

>If I upgrade my home computer to Avast 5, will that work with Avast 4 WHS?

Yes, the latest version of avast! 5 is able to communicate with avast! 4 WHS Edition.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me again.

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users