Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse/keyboard troubles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 daysandghfan

daysandghfan

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 21 September 2005 - 12:20 AM

Not sure if this is the right forum or not so I apoligize if i guessed wrong

I have a Toshiba labtop that was working fine until yesterday. My problem seems to be with my built-in mouse I'm having trouble making my computure recognize when I click buttons. For example when I try to click the send button in my email it wont do anything or if i tried to change my font above it wouldn't let me. I'm still able to click links but not "buttons" It leads me to beleive it's some sort of weird virus but i've scanned my computer and it's found nothing ( I have norton antivirus). I can sometimes get around this by tabbing to the button and hitting enter but this doesn't work on all websites. It's a frusterating problem that doesn't seem to have an easy answer. I probably didn't explain myself very well but any help/advice would be appreciated
Thanks
~Ashley

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 21 September 2005 - 03:44 AM

Have you tried Spybot, Adaware SE, and if you are running XP or W2k also Microsoft Antispyware Beta.
And have you updated you anti-virus software in the passed few days?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 daysandghfan

daysandghfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:05 AM

I've run both spybot and adware and removed anything it found. I've also updated my antivirus but it's found nothing. I tried to get that Microsoft Antispyware Beta but couldn't download it because it was unable to "validate" whatever that means. thanks for getting back to me so quickly though

#4 daysandghfan

daysandghfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:27 AM

I've actually been able to establish that it's an internet explorer problem. When i use netscape navigator it works fine (don't know why i didn't try this sooner). Any advice or should i just uninstall/reinstall and see if that works? (although i'd rather not i have a lot of favorites stored)

Edited by daysandghfan, 22 September 2005 - 01:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users