Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

issue when launching a PC game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Atrocity

Atrocity

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:08 AM

I updated my video drivers by going to the nvidia website and after i did that, i cant play any PC games because the screen starts to flicker and you cant see the words or anything. So i updated my drivers again, and this time, when i launch counter strike 1.6, the whole screen is black but the you can still see the outline of the option, console, etc. window, just not the words. Can anyone help me and sorry if i posted this in the wrong section because I am new to these forums.

thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

Since you are having problems with a video driver while playing a specific game, I think you're in the right place.

Have you read the readme files that came with the game for known issues?

If you are having problems with a newer driver in a game, you may want to look for the games setup menu and see if a specific screen resolution needs to be set for the game to display properly on the screen, some games require a 800 X 600 screen resolution or 16 bit drivers to work properly.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Atrocity

Atrocity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

the problem now is that the screen is black when i launch a game, i can hear the music but cant see anything

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

the problem now is that the screen is black when i launch a game, i can hear the music but cant see anything

What game are you having this problem with?

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 Atrocity

Atrocity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

now, im having this problem with all my games(ex. counter strike 1.6,source, etc.)

#6 Bassplayer15

Bassplayer15

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:29 PM

It seems as if the games were working fine before, if so you could try to "rollback" to your previous video drivers.
Grace is given freely, but respect must be earned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users