Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need some camera software

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 UkrainianChuckNorris

UkrainianChuckNorris

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

Hi guys. I have a cheap stupid little camera, the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W220, but I think this problem is with all cameras.
When I plug in the cord, windows pops up the question, do you want to open this removable disk, I click yes, then I click to open the first folder, then the folder inside to open the folder with the photos. Is there any software on the market that can eliminate all those steps and just open the folder with the pictures right away? My mom can't seem to understand why she has to click on all of those folders.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:30 AM

As far as I know, there's no software to do what you're wanting.
That's just the way Windows works.

As evidenced by, do you want to open this removable disk, Windows handles this just like any other removable media (CD, DVD, Flash drive, etc.).
You have to click through the folders, to get to where you want to go.
My camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5), is the same way.

Someone else may know of another way.
If they do, I'm sure they'll post.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 UkrainianChuckNorris

UkrainianChuckNorris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

well dammit they have programs for everything else.

Thanks though.

Edited by UkrainianChuckNorris, 10 April 2010 - 12:19 PM.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

You're welcome, but like I said, someone else may have a suggestion.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

You might be able to create a shortcut directly to the folder on the camera. Your mother would then need to cancel the auto popup unless you disabled autoplay for the camera.

Create a shortcut to a folder
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#6 UkrainianChuckNorris

UkrainianChuckNorris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

You might be able to create a shortcut directly to the folder on the camera. Your mother would then need to cancel the auto popup unless you disabled autoplay for the camera.

Create a shortcut to a folder

hmmm interesting. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users