Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot up problems (maybe)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kennn

kennn

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:20 AM

Somehow I thought the setting on my bio got screwed up on my T4480 emachine and would not boot up. This had been going on for over year and well over 100-200 hundred trys to boot it. Well in trying to trouble shoot to know what the proper setting should be I tore into to it to get all the information below. It would not boot but would allow me to get to the screen to look at the bio information which allowing me to get the info below. I also tore into the computer and removed the hard drive to get that info as well. I put it back together and turned it on and wallah it booted up and works fine. I afraid to turn it off now as the problem will likely reoccur. I got it to work once before and then it never booted up again until today. Im afraid if I turn it off it will continue to not boot. Is there any program or setting I should look at to determine if there is still a problems. Any suggestion to check,

Thanks
Current settings are with two hard drives are both Work and both may have Windows xp on them. Itís been over a year ago
I figured it out once but guess I didnít save the setting:
IDE Primary Master Maxtor
IDE Primary Slave None
IDE Secondary Master JMS XJ-HD166S
IDE Secondary Slave Master Lite on LTR

Virus Warning Disable
Hard disk boot priority Press enter
First Boot Device Hard disk
Second Boot Device Hard disk
Third Boot Device Hard disk
Boot up Nummlock Status ON
Security Option SETUP
Os sect fro dram>64mb Non os2
Hdd sart capalbbity Disabled
Bios Guardian Enabled

The hard drive closest to the front of the computer is a Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 88gb ata/133. It looked like it had 5 rows of pins and the jumper was on the second set of pins closest to the data ribbon.
The back hard drive is a Maxtor diamond max 2` with 200 gb pata ultra ATA with four sets of pins and the jumper on the second set from the data ribbon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

Did you do anything different when you put it back together? anything such as move any cables. Also by not boot what do you mean? did it show any error messages or anything?

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 kennn

kennn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:57 AM

I did nothing other than remove the hd from the rack, did not unplug or reconfig. Can really remember the screen, it was black with a couple of option at bottom of page. One was push F1, which I think i pushed to get to the options to reset some the parmeters such the bios, boot paths, etc. There may have been an option to get to the safe mode, I cant remember but safe mode never worked. Sorry I can't recall more

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:17 PM

Check your connections.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users