Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible malware infection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PMD64

PMD64

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:02 AM

Hope someone can help as I think my pc is infected with a virus or malware. I have attempted to run malwarebytes in windows xp with sp3 and get an error message with the number 372 and the program never runs, I have renamed the mban.exe file and recieve the same error and result. I have attempted to run SuperAntiVirus and the program will not run. I have been able to run CCCleaner but nothing is found and any attempt to run online scanners result in errors that won't allow me to install or run the scan. Some other strange symptoms of my pc are that when I attempt to run defrag under drive tools nothing happens, when I attempt to open user accounts I get a blank user window. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 godawgs

godawgs

• Security Colleague
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

PMD64,
Read this post and see if it helps. I couldn't get Malwarebytes to even install, much less run until I followed the suggestions in this post.
Hope it works for you.

#3 PMD64

PMD64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:21 AM

Okay, I have followed all the steps in the post you provided and although it appears rkill ran okay I still cannot run malwarebytes. Additional information was found about my problem such as windows recovery console is not installed on my pc and still is not present, when I attempt to access user accounts all I get is a blank box, and when I attempt to use IE all I get is a box that flashes briefly on the screen and then nothing. I also downloaded SuperAntiVirus to a usb flash drive and attempted to run it on the infected pc but get an initialization error during setup. Any other suggestion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users