Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pavilion M8240BR, Dead PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Spideralee

Spideralee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:12 AM

Hi Folks!

I just had the same trouble that you. I have Pavillion M8240BR, with the same motherboard and now my PC is dead. It's smells like a design trouble, because the "modos operandi" of the error is the same. My computer was working normally, so I turn it off to clean the memory, and when I tried to turn it on, nothing happened.

Note that the first message was posted by Annazandra in July 2008. It' s April 2010. Same problem.

Just to register: I checked my power supply, and it's working normally. I checked the switch power button, the connector button, and it's also working. I tried to turn on the computer makeing a short cut directly on the switch power pins and nothing.

(If you are note sure about the right pin:
check http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...3411762&dlc, to get a sketch up of this motherboard, and after that
chek http://www.fixya.com/support/t614458-hp_mc...erboard_diagram to get information about the Pannel 1 connector).

Dear colleague, if you are visiting this page and had the same trouble, leave your post. I will try to get some support from HP about this trouble. It's look like a case for a recall. When we purchase a computer from HP (or Compaq), we are looking for some quality and good and testified hardware. Not for that.

EDIT: Split from older post by someone else, more likely to get assistance with new thread ~ Hamluis

Edited by hamluis, 10 April 2010 - 08:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:05 AM

Hi and welcome to Bleepingcomputer!

I realize your post was adjoined with another author's thread and was separated by our sites moderator. So hopefully you have realized this and located this thread.

I have not read what the original author has posted or what replies the author has received, so bare with me here as I assist you.

From what I can gather from your post, your computer worked fine until you did some maintenance on it, then from that point, you say it no longer powers up. Is this correct?

I am not sure what you mean by you "cleaned the memory"

Can you please be a little more specific by starting from the beginning and explaining as best as you can, how your problem started and what you have done so far to fix it, this will help you get the best direct response aimed at you from us.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users