Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winfast TV2000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 istase2000

istase2000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

hi guys, thanks for the suggestions

I'd like to ask for some advice too.. I have the WinFast TV2000 XP RM which used to work fine until I fiddled around it and my video card. I switched their slots, tried using the motherboard built in video card, uninstalled winfast etc. and then when I went back to the original setting, my winfast doesn't work anymore. I get the popup of hardware detected but cannot select a destination folder (unlike before), and when i try to install the driver directly (TV2000 XP FM RM Deluxe(x86).exe) I get the "this device does not support" message.

I've tried various things like uninstall the device etc. suggested by people, but it still doesn't work.
I'm guessing maybe reformatting my computer may help?

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers.

EDIT: Split from other Winfast TV2000 topic to avoid hijacking and confusion ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 10 April 2010 - 07:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

I suggest going to Device Manager...if the card is reflected there, uninstall it properly.

You might also consider Remove Unused Drivers and Devices - http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/Win...andDevices.html

Once the card is properly uninstalled...and all corresponding software has been uninstalled, using Add/Remove Programs, run the chkdsk /r command on your system partition.

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r (space between k and /) and hit Enter. Type Y in response to onscreen query and hit Enter. Reboot the system and allow the command to run to completion, the system will reboot once the command has completed.

Use the CD which accompanied the card...to reinstall drivers and software for your card, in accordance with suggested procedures by card manufacturer.

Louis

#3 istase2000

istase2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:40 AM

Hi hamluis,
thanks very much for your help. However, even after reformatting my computer, uninstalling the devices, trying it on the spare computer etc. it still doesn't work. I have come to the conclusion that the capture hard has died :flowers: I read somewhere that when the eeprom stuffs up it can't recognize drivers anymore, and I think you can flash to fix it but not for this model. I'll just get a new one, but wanted to make sure it was truly dead first.

Thanks again : :thumbsup:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:08 AM

Easily done, let us know how all turns out :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users