Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows explorer 8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 charlyo

charlyo

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:51 AM

A program has corrupted my default search engine( from Google to Bing) which i don't like. How can i change it back?
I need help please :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:13 AM

If you mean Windows Internet Explorer 8. Then follow these steps :

1. Visit this page in Internet Explorer : http://www.ieaddons.com/en/search/?search=google
2. Click on Add to Internet Explorer button under first search result (Google Search Suggetions)
3. In the dialog box that opens, check both the checkboxes and click Add

#3 StartingOver

StartingOver

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

You may want to read through this thread. Although the info is not on the "good news" side of your issue, there is some valid info there.

1663309 It is located on this site under the "Security / Am I Infected?" forum.

For me, I wound up exporting my favorites to a flash drive, then removing and re-installing IE8. However, I first made sure I had IE7 installed and running. Why that made a difference, I don't know. It may have no impact but, if I had experienced another problem with IE8, I would have IE7 there & available.

I would also strongly recommend considering a switch to another browser like Firefox. I've been told that Opera and Safari are also good but, I have no experience with them. With that said, these FREE (Gotta love it!) third-party browsers have better security, according to all of the independent test results I've read, than IE7 or Microsoft's "new and improved" IE8. About the only thing I use IE8 for is Microsoft Updates. And that is only because Microsoft seems to have a problem if you try to get around using their super duper stuff! (Can you tell I'm not their biggest fan?)

Good Luck! :thumbsup:
StartingOver
Just Remember "To Err Is Human" (To REALLY Foul Things Up Requires A Computer!)

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

Any thing downloaded from M/S always works better for me if I use I.E. (M/S loves M/S)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users