Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I still have the Virtumonde/Vundo bug? (Or anything else)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nbskid

nbskid

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:30 AM

So, last week I got a bunch of pop ups for a fake anti virus scanner. Oh goody, I knew I had something. I had an old version of adobe acrobat at the time, and I wondered it it had something to do with that, I know Adobe is going through a lot of problems now. Acrobat randomly tried to open when I was browsing the net, on a Magic the Gathering website I go to. (Just a few days ago, I was on the website again when Acrobat randomly opened. However, now that I have the newest version of acrobat and scripts blocked, it wouldn't open whatever was loading). So after some scans, I found the "vundo" virus. Ad aware got rid of it (I believe it was ad aware) but whenever my computer would turn on, the virus would try to start up (it got into my start up files) but wouldn't, since it was deleted. So, I got tired of this and just used system restore. A few scans later, and hooray, nothing...(I have Windows XP).

Except, it came back two days later, on Easter. Lovely. So I scanned my computer to death with about 5 different spyware scanners. I used Ad Aware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Mcafee, Spyware Terminator, and SuperAntiSpyware (free). So, I thought I got rid of it, but I downloaded Spyware Doctor...and it found it still, in the registry. So, Spyware Doctor won't delete for free, but I went into my registry and deleted the infected. Hooray, problem maybe solved? However, being the OCD type of guy I am, I scanned my computer all day today and all of last night, it's starting to drive me nuts.

So, nothing was found today, in like 6 scans. So, what do I do? I download Spybot, Search and Destroy and it finds Virtumonde again. Seriously? AGH! So, Spybot deleted that, and I decided to download hijack this and run a scan, because I've heard of it before while browsing forums.

So, I have a log here ready to copy and paste, and I hope it's not considered a "controlfix" log.

Can someone help give me peace of mind? Thanks!

Edit-I deleted the hijack this stuff. Sorry I posted it.

Edited by nbskid, 10 April 2010 - 06:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nbskid

nbskid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:54 AM

Can anyone help me here?

I did some scans today, no signs of anything Vundo or whatever, same scanners I named previously.

Does anyone want me to post the log again...or anything? I just want to make sure my computer is clean for peace of mind...so, does anyone have any opinion of the best free scanners I haven't used? (That also remove)? Or any help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users