Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cmd component not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lindsxo2

lindsxo2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:42 PM

when i try to type in cmd in the run menu, the black box pops up but i get a message sayingcmd cannot run ntvmd has encounted an illegal instruction??? i need help so i can configure my settings for my router that hasnt worked for over 8 months!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:33 AM

Hi lindsxo2,

First, let me make sure I have the correct error. I couldn't find anything on

ntvmd has encounted an illegal instruction

but I did find lots of stuff about NTVDM has encountered....

Has anything changed? Were you trying to load software or change something when the error occured?

From reading...
Microsoft suggests contacting the software distribitor of the package you are using to resolve the issue.

Another forum thought that error was caused by spyware. Of course you situation may vary from that.

Please let us know if you think there was a cause for the effect you have. You mention the router... was something changed and now the system has issues?

Lots of questions... good luck

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:23 PM

Google List, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ntvdm...ruction&spell=1

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users