Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not connect to my WiFi router

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bob neuman

bob neuman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

I have an HP Mini 2140 laptop with Windows XP pro and It will no longer connect to my wireless router. It started with McAfee Security Center warning me that my computer was not protected. When I clicked fix nothing happened except that after my Wifi connection will not stay connected. I scanned the system and found nothing. I downloaded Malware Bytes and two other spyware products and Malware Bytes found anything and removed something called Perfessional Malware. Next I uninstalled McAfee which did not solve the problem. Next I repaired the IPStack then ran Winsocketfix routine. Then I reloaded all device drivers from the manufacture CD and still no internet. Then I downloaded and ran Combefix. I also encountered this forum and followed instructions to created an attach.txt, DDS.txt file and GMER.log. I am ready to upload those files when appropriate. The last thing I tried was to hard code the IP address etc in the wireless connection. That has allowed me to connect to a nearby unsecured connection, but to weak to see the internet. I still cannot connect to my wireless router. I forgot to mention I have a 2 Wire modem/router. Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 April 2010 - 03:39 PM.
Move to AII as no lgos posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users