Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen before the xp logo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 singh101

singh101

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

when ever i start my dell e520 pc, the black screen comes up and i cant go beyond that. i did scan the computer with dell dignostic but it says there is no error. i tried to repair the windows with the xp operating system cd, when i tried to run the cd it says INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 1024

please give me some advice on how to fix this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

Check your disk for scratches, or fingerprints. Clean your cdrom or dvd drive with compressed air. Try an external cd drive.

Are you using the Dell xp disk that came with your computer? A replacement disk can be ordered from dell for about 7.00 and shipping.

Your computer has a recovery partition. It can restore your computer to factory condition. It will usually destroy anything you have added since it was new but there may be options that can help you backup your data, music and files. Read the info on the linked page:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...;l=en&s=dhs

If you don't have your files backed up we can help you with alternative methods of saving your data but your will have to reinstall any programs you have added since buying the computer.

For more information re your computer, start at the dell support home page and enter the service tag from the back of your computer.
http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx...;l=en&s=dhs

#3 singh101

singh101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

thanks for the reply

I had to reinstalled the windows and it worked. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic