Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Icon Creation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trojan man

Trojan man

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

Hi I needed to create a icon for a Link that were pushing out to our company. I created the link and made an icon picture and it looks good. When i start to transfer it to different computers on the domain it doesnt retain the picture. Would anyone know how to fix that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:51 AM

Well the icons pic. Needs to be somewhere acsesable by the computers in the domain and the pics path needs to be to a centeralized location in the server network so that it can display it. Or you could just pu the pic somwhere on all of the computers that the icon is on.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 William Wilson

William Wilson

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:46 AM

I do not quite understand what you were trying to do. But according to what I know up to now, a icon created can not stand for the file itself, and it is just a shortcut of the program, so if you want to use it in another computer, I advise you to transfer the useful file or setup .exe to another computer.

Hope this may help u!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users