Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP and me

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beach Plum

Beach Plum

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

I've always bought cheap computers with infestations of software, and I was happy for the buzzing OS, like garden bugs in a weedy plot, and not all free software is threatening They all have a particular style about them. Though I am thinking now of better operating systems. The outlet store variety fit my lifestyle where I can't usually work a paying job (through family obligations). Computers have always been something amazing and fun. I've quit smoking and now have relatively more cash. I hear pro Windows 7 does an XP shell. I don't have any immediate plans.

I have a 90 dollar webcam that has software totally lock up Windows Vista (by the UAC, I think). My computer is a Pavilion e9120y from HP, which my Pavilion e9120y is amazingly big and fast. I had said about this a320n at my feet. The a320n runs XP home edition, an OS I liked and miss.

I would like to run things on the a320n, like my cam and microphone, graphics software, whatever. I've spent a few days reading about networking.

A. Pavilion e9120y seems to be running Atheros 802.11 a/b/g/n, at least that wireless adapter is listed in the device manager. It has no address, which makes sense to me.

B. Amazon dotcom wants to sell me a Linksys by Cisco Refurb Wireless-g Compact USB from someplace called Deal Barn. It's just 12 dollars!

I should buy that (b.). I think I could put that Linksys adapter in a USB port in a320n Windows XP . Then I could enable internet connection sharing in the main e9120y and get a KVM switch that I saw at the outlet store and run Windows XP on the a320n that is at my feet.

Any old KVM switch should be ok with VGA on the old computer and still use HD on my main, I believe.

Coincidental technologies have are ensconcing me with defunct speakers, decoupaged floral papers shine on those cabinets, my main computer raised and set on that with painted, red, wood blocks inside a shallow closet (Iím using an armoire for clothing) and I can't tell if it is practical or sculptural. Well I'm sure I don't need painted, red, wooden blocks. I'm so weird

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:28 AM

i am sorry if i misinterpreted this but is there a question you had?
i just thought it was a nice story.

#3 Beach Plum

Beach Plum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:57 AM

Oh, thanks.

I was hoping sombody would say how horribly bad my plan was if there was something wrong. Also tips and tricks are nice if they apply.

Sorry for the confusion

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

My advice: Learn to use Vista.

And maybe post your question a little more clearly. Cause I still don't know what you are asking.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 Beach Plum

Beach Plum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

Yes, I am sure learning Vista to the envisioned magnitude would certainly solve any Vista problem I could encounter.

Again, I apologize for not actually posting a question

Edited by Beach Plum, 09 April 2010 - 04:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users