Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

kryptik.exe trojan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rick212

rick212

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

Hello,

Yesterday I started up my computer, and NOD32 (totally up to date) kept telling me the next message each 5 minutes: lenina66.com/krypted.exe.

Today, my internet explorer.exe keeps falling out every 3/4 minutes after I started it... so I googled and I came up at the next spot on this site: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307976/kryptikexe-alert-on-my-eset-antivirus/

I followed these steps, and it doesn't matter, however I have exact the same message problem as the guy in that spot.

Also when I scanned with malware today, it gave me 0 infected files..? Probably this is because I already deleted them in a previous scan.

I don't know what to do anymore, so I could use some help!

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viotechops

Viotechops

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:05 AM

This is a nasty TDSS virus. I had the same problem and I finally resolved the issue. If you feel this process to be time consuming then it might be best to just refomat.

1. Get the program Sophos, www.sophos.com
You have to register, but its fast and easy to get the program, Sophos is a very powerful rootkit killer.
Run it and clean any items that it detects.
make sure you reboot

2. After you completed the Sophos scan and rebooted
Grab Dr Webs CUREIT program. www.download.com
This antivirus will eradicate the TDSS and other hidden registry files the virus as infected.
You will have to update it (ALWAYS UPDATE YOUR ANTIVIRUS PROGRAMS)
It will open up a firefox/ie window and asks you to download the launch.exe file
After you have downloaded it, run it and make sure you run a Complete Scan
Reboot after

3. Next step is to Download Antimalwarebytes. www.download.com
Update antimalwarebyres and do a complete scan this will clean up other malicious infections the other two programs were unable to find

4. Get Superantispyware. www.superantispyware.com
You can run this program at the same time as antimalwarebytes. you may have to register.

5. Once everything has been finished. Go an Kasperky Online Scanner 7.0 www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/default/kavwebscan.htm
Do this scan (may take a while....) just to make sure your computer is clean. It will kill the rest of the virus and you will not have to worry about a thing.

Not all antivirus programs can kill everything from a TDSS, Rootkit, Backdoor Trojan Virus. But once you complete this process you wont have to worry about it any longer. I hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users