Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rkill not working?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Drildgen

Drildgen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:03 AM

I've been infected with the Antivirus Suite malware scam and I've been trying to remove it for hours now...

I finally got rkill to start without closing instantly, but a new window was prompted after rkill executed;

"Windows - No Disk" // There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive . // (Cancel) (Try Again) (Continue)

When I click on "Cancel" or "Continue", it shuts down rkill instantly and "Try Again" just prompts the window again.

I left that window up with rkill running behind it. But now, it's been over an hour and rkill is still telling me "Terminating known malware process." Is the No Disk window preventing rkill from working? Or does it usualy take such a long time for rkill to do it's job?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 09 April 2010 - 10:34 AM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users