Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Still Infected after Full Format?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dawnsangel8397

dawnsangel8397

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:19 AM

Hi,

I'm running Windows XP and I recently was infected with a virus and with malware. Unfortunately, I don't remember which virus. After getting rid of the problems, I thought it best to do a full format. I finished the format and after 1 day, emails were being sent out from my account with either a malware or spam link. I ran a scan with both AVG & Malwarebytes, but found nothing. I thought my email account had been breached, or someone else had a virus and it was using their address book. I deleted all my contacts, and the next time the emails were sent out from my account, it was only sent to the few names that had been added to my address book. ( Luckily, they were only store emails that did not accept replies) . I realized then, that it must still be my computer. I ran a scan in safe mode last night, and found quite a few files were locked ( which struck me as odd ). I posted that scan below. Hopefully you can help me before I'm forced to buy a new computer.

Thanks
Dawn

AVG 9.0 Anti-Virus command line scanner
Copyright © 1992 - 2009 AVG Technologies
Program version 9.0.782, engine 9.0.801
Virus Database: Version 271.1.1/2799 2010-04-08

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\e1d85d7c-47e2-42aa-9822-f9c49ec9cc29.tmp Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NTUSER.DAT Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NTUSER.DAT.LOG Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Locked file. Not tested.
C:\pagefile.sys Locked file. Not tested.
C:\System Volume Information\ Locked file. Not tested.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Locked file. Not tested.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Locked file. Not tested.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Locked file. Not tested.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Locked file. Not tested.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Locked file. Not tested.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Locked file. Not tested.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Locked file. Not tested.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Locked file. Not tested.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Locked file. Not tested.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Locked file. Not tested.

------------------------------------------------------------
Objects scanned : 172257
Found infections : 0
Found PUPs : 0
Healed infections : 0
Healed PUPs : 0
Warnings : 0
------------------------------------------------------------

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users