Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bfc.myway.com

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 20 September 2005 - 12:37 PM

Running HIJACK this I found the above-So far it hasn't tried Hijacking me nor does AD-AWARE seem to care--any info on this would be appreciated--Thanks
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronniebebe

Ronniebebe

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:14 PM

Its some thing you want to get rid of .Its nothing but trouble.You can read about it here http://www.pchell.com/support/mywebsearch.shtml theres also instructions to get rid of it. Its all those cute little smilies you see thats done it to you.
WWS

#3 EdBee

EdBee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for info on this un-wanted search bar. I was curious as to how it got there--now I know-not from getting free smilies or free screensavers--but from DELL. This was on a new machine from DELL--the date of install of the program was the day that I put the machine in operation!!! Also AD-Aware(recently updated) did not bother with it. I still wonder how come the program didn't direct me to the bfc.myway.com site. I'm thinking perhaps that the other search hooks have "precidence" (Earthlink). HMM--Anyway I'm removing it anyway--Tks for your input. :thumbsup: :flowers:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:42 PM

MyWay and IWon seem to be on the Spybot list, but not on Ad-Aware's; at the current time, there are no standards for what precisely counts as spyware, adware, etc., so each company sets it's own criteria. That is why you need more than one anti-spyware application on your computer.

Most computer retailers tend to add a lot of gunk to the hard drive, not to help users, but to help lower their costs and increase their profit; most of these can, and should, be deleted.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users