Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GTalk confusions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

so, I looked up how to check if someone has blocked you and if someone is invisible or offline.

I found that if it gives you the error "Username did not recieve your chat" that they are offline. If you dont receive that message, they are invisible.

I also found that if someone has blocked you, you won't be able to see their profile in pidgin.

I had a screenshot, but I can't attach -.-

anyways, one of my friends is definitely offline, and the status it gives me is: <username> is offline. Messages you send will be delivered when <username> comes online. But he recieves messages as if he is invisible rather than offline.

another friend, also definitely offline has the status message of: <username> is offline and can't receive messages right now. and he recieves messages as if he is offline and not invisible.

then their's the last one, who I think blocked me. I can see his profile in pidgin suggesting that he didn't block me, but he has the same status as the first friend and receives messages as if he is invisible rather than offline... I'm so confused...

can someone explain this to me?

EDIT: screenshot. left is first friend, middle is second friend, right is presumably blocked friend.

Posted Image

Edited by sausage, 08 April 2010 - 08:45 PM.

If I'm posting, I probably have something horribly wrong with my computer, there's no obvious explanation for it, that's just the way it is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users