Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Metal Gear Solid 4

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:14 AM

MGS4 Trailer

.......that's all real-time. Kojima himself controlled the sequence after the initial video. He manipulated the camera around snake, zoomed in and out, and even moved snake within the real world.....

This is what is capable of the next-gen systems (well, on the ps3 anyway.....)

:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove:

EDIT: you might have to try and open the video once or twice..... the Konami server is usually swamped and finicky....

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 20 September 2005 - 09:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:46 AM

it wont work!!!!! can someone please tell me what happens and why bigboss isnt dead :thumbsup: but the bit that did work looks really cool is it all in fps mode then
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:41 AM

it wont work!!!!! can someone please tell me what happens and why bigboss isnt dead :thumbsup: but the bit that did work looks really cool is it all in fps mode then

Whoa whoa whoa, what are you talking about? You couldn't get the vid to work? About 20 seconds in you get the solution to the fps question.

"This is no FPS..... this is MGS!"

And btw, i seriously doubt it's Big Boss. It seems too far in the future for Big Boss to still be alive, so it's gotta be Solid Snake. Also, Big Boss was missing his RIGHT eye, and snake (somehow) is missing his left....

This game must take place after the Les Enfants Terribles project sometime in the future....

I've been looking everywhere for a downloadable version of the vid, but have had no luck yet. I've heard konami is very possessive of their footage, and even forced IGN to remove the downloadable vid they had.

#4 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:22 PM

brilliant that sounds well good could the (snake) be solidus he was missin he left eye wasnt he and he was obssessed with being like big boss maybe he started usin cqc but i dont know how he survived.

oh yeah i read in a few mags that big boss is still alive but is very old and cant fight.

edit i found another forum that says that it is solid snake but was posing as big boss to draw out a patriots member but was found to be an imposter because his patch was on the wrong eye what do you think.

Edited by conk, 20 September 2005 - 02:24 PM.

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:45 PM

brilliant that sounds well good could the (snake) be solidus he was missin he left eye wasnt he and he was obssessed with being like big boss maybe he started usin cqc but i dont know how he survived.

oh yeah i read in a few mags that big boss is still alive but is very old and cant fight.

edit i found another forum that says that it is solid snake but was posing as big boss to draw out a patriots member but was found to be an imposter because his patch was on the wrong eye what do you think.

hmmm, it could be possible that it's solidus. he started playing a role in Mgs2 on his hunt for the patriots, so it could be plausible that he's the main character. The thing that immediately popped to mid was "why would Konami have a bad guy fighting other bad guys", but Solidus would basically be fighting the force of the patriots, so it'd be whatever army they wanted...

Idk, i still have an extremely strong feeling that it's Snake. In the trailer (have you still not gotten it to work?) Otacon shows up in the form of a little robot with the "cell processor" (name of the Ps3 processor). It seems the character in the trailer has a lot of history with Otacon, so i'd put money on it being Snake.

Yeah, my mistake. I read in Psm a while ago that Big Boss was still alive, but in an incredibly weakened state. They had character concepts/sketches, and one of them was a frail, naked old man that appeared to be missing an eye. Apparently he's still going to play a role in this game....

I'm not sure about the "found out to be an imposter" thing... Snake would be too smart to accidently wear the patch on the wrong eye. And in the trailer, it seems as though he has a bionic eye (or just a really advanced eyepatch with a healthy eye). He scans his surroundings, and it shows the Soliton Radar when he enters first-person.

I've also heard from Kojima that Raiden will make an appearence once again, supposedly in a "new, respectable view" that will make the player like him..... I hated him in MGS2 because he was such a pansy...... hopefully Kojima makes him a lot tougher/better...

#6 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:17 PM

nope still wont work. i think if big boss is in it he will play a role of being hunted because the patriots will have him in a prison or something similiar because he know where they are or something that way snake and other people will want to find him also isnt naomi in mgs4.

its also possible that it is vr training but snake hates vr so maybe not.

in the trailer it gets to the fps bit about pre-fabricated stuff and then closes.

#7 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:51 PM

well i got it working kind of its like snapshots allt the way through ill try on the other pc tomorrow thought but the bits i caught are very cool.

and it definitly looks like it is snake yes did anyone see what colour the eyes were bigboss had blue and snake had brown i think i cant really remember, does snake suffer from the foxdie virus then (the injection he gives him self) that would explain naomis apparant appearance in the game, also if snake is old then its probably true about it being the last metal gear solid :thumbsup: unless he carries on the story with raiden which from the view people took to him in mgs2 thats a bad idea.

#8 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:38 PM

i was halfway thru and i had to pause it, after i got back it said the server was down :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :bike:

yea there was that annoying problem but i finally got to watch the whole thing YAY!!

Edited by legoman786, 20 September 2005 - 07:57 PM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#9 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:56 PM

Okay, because of the presence of Otacon and the usual comic relief between the two, I would say it has to be Solid Snake. About that patch, its obviouly a computer that he can use for maybe like night vision, thermal vision, and tactical data on the field. Now, whether or not he still has an eye there or not would be my question, unless it is directly implanted in his brain, it would have to be just covering the eye.

The most important thing we should all remember here is that Solid Snake, the inferior of the Les Enfants Terribles twins, killed Big Boss with his own hands in the Metal Gear series and Solidus was killed by Raiden in MGS2, which was supposed to be an exact replica with Shadow moses and Snake's life (that AI stuff confused the hell out of me). Also, I don't think Snake is suffering from fox die, since he was the inferior twin, fox die did not target him like Namoi had hoped for and he would have been killed at the same time as Liquid if it did target him.

Also, about the IGN article with the concept art pictures, "By no means do we know for certain which characters will play a role in MGS4, but we do have character art for eight different characters that we expect to be a big part of the game. Most of these are returning characters from what we can tell, which gives us insight to the future story." *edit* - the picture that looked like Big Boss could have just described Big Boss's ultimate roll in the storyline, maybe his remains are eventually recovered and a direct genetic copy is made from his DNA or something.

About Snake posing as big boss to kill patriot members. How does that work out? I don't understand that logic at all.

*edit2-* Also, something that really confuses me is that in MGS2, Otacon says that the patriots died over 100 years ago, but in the timeline at the end of MGS3, the United States representatives of the Philosophers formed the Patriots, but I don't remember how many years after mgs3 though.

Edited by Wizdabest, 24 September 2005 - 03:05 PM.

#10 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:27 PM

well mgs3 is in the cold war so about late 60s i think and the boss's father was a member of the philosiphers and he died when the boss was a child and he was the last one so about 100 years ago is right.

all that should be right i havent played mgs for a long long time.

#11 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:38 PM

well mgs3 is in the cold war so about late 60s i think and the boss's father was a member of the philosiphers and he died when the boss was a child and he was the last one so about 100 years ago is right.

all that should be right i havent played mgs for a long long time.

Am I correct in thinking that The Boss and The Sorrow are the parents of Big Boss? It just seemed to fit together so well with the storyline.

Edited by Wizdabest, 24 September 2005 - 05:42 PM.

#12 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:40 PM

they are the parents of otacon actually big bossi dont know it dos fit in some ways.

WOW i just got th full vid to work and it looks fantastic what does it mean by a war you can find any place any time, maybe a global war or vr? also it says X years after big shell is that 10 years or what.

Edited by conk, 24 September 2005 - 05:42 PM.

#13 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:44 PM

they are the parents of otacon actually big bossi dont know it dos fit in some ways.

WOW i just got th full vid to work and it looks fantastic what does it mean by a war you can find any place any time, maybe a global war or vr? also it says X years after big shell is that 10 years or what.

That doesn't sound right, Otacon and his family have that 'cursed' history of being born or dying or whatever on Nucleur (spelled wrong I know, but I have to go right now and don't care) mission days.

#14 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:48 PM

doh sory wron name (i need sleep)

i meant ocelot

#15 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:39 PM

doh sory wron name (i need sleep)

i meant ocelot

woah, Ocelot?

Still sounds weird, where did you get that information from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users