Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Akatengu

Akatengu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

You know how surfing the Internet can take you to unexpected and unplanned destinations? I ended up here after an hour's worth of surfing that began with my latest issue of "Windows Secrets", where I had occasion to search on a term using Google. From those results, a reference to TechNibble forum caught my eye in which there was a lively discussion of rkill, which TechNibble had ordained "Repair tool of the week". In the forum thread that ensued, there was a very knowledgable gent named Lawrence Abrams answering some criticism about rkill from an ill-informed know-it-all... and doing it in a very admirable "adult" way. When I learned that Mr. Abrams was the creator of rkill and the Bleepingcomputer site owner, I decided to surf over and see what the site was all about. Glad I did. I'm a teacher. I teach technical topics to largely non-technical sales and marketing folks to help them understand their product offerings so they can better help their customers. Since all the training is delivered online, I run into my share of "learners" who have any of a number of computer-related problems they run into while trying to log in to the training host systems. Since most of them work remote from their corporate headquarters, they rely on my staff and I to help them get up and running on the training. Lately, there has been a rash of "drive-by" malware infections. My interest in BleepingComputer and this forum is in tapping into the wealth of knowledge that exists here, both from the site itself and the folks who frequent this forum, in the areas of malware protection and recovery from "attack". I'll probably be mostly a taker, but I might be able to occasionally offer some insight that will be useful to someone... hopefully. Aside from computers and teaching, my hobby is microscope collection and use... especially photomicrography. I look forward to getting to know you all. Have a pleasant and bug-free day!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users