Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Critical Patch coming April 13th

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Adobe today announced plans to ship a critical security patch next Tuesday (April 13, 2010) to fix multiple high-risk security holes in its Reader and Acrobat product lines.

The patches will be released alongside a new automatic updater software that the company hopes will speed up the downloading and deployment of its security fixes. The security fixes in this Reader/Acrobat patch batch will apply to Windows, Macintosh and UNIX users.

Adobe PDF silent updater, critical patch coming next Tuesday | Zero Day | ZDNet.com

Upcoming Adobe Reader and Acrobat 9.3.2 and 8.2.2 to be Delivered by New Updater - Adobe Reader Blog

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

:thumbsup: Adobe Reader and Acrobat really do my head in with all these patches. Mostly whenever one of my programs is out of date (I use Secunia) it's nearlly always an Adobe product.

#3 tork

tork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:56 AM

I'm a fan too of Secunia

#4 carri

carri

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

Adobe is not one of my favourites I'm afraid. I have gotten rid of most of their programmes in favour of others that in my opinion are better.
Posted Image
Hug someone today and get on their nerves!

#5 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:50 AM

A list of programs from you people to get rid of Adobe programs could help me and others. Adobe is probably hit so often because it is used the most all over the net.

#6 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

Two days I down loaded Adobe updates and every thing is still working okay.

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

A list of programs from you people to get rid of Adobe programs could help me and others.

An alternative to Acrobat Reader:
PDF-XChange Viewer

I use the portable version, so no installation necessary.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users