Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Running high??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 djrikstar

djrikstar

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

Hi ppl i recently got a laptop to fix off a friend. Its a Acer Aspire 5315, Celeron M530 1.73GHz, 1024MB RAM. The problem is that the cpu runs at 100% nearly all the time when im not running any apps. Its running vista so i updated virus ran a full system scan no virus found just the usual few tracing cookies. It still runs the same so i kill a few known processes (it had 73 processes running pretty high) it seemed to run a tab bit quicker but still at 100% cpu.

So i installed windows 7 ultimate via clean install it seemed to have helped for a while then BAM!! back too 100% cpu (Ram about 60% ish. So now i open it up clean abit of dust off the fan, blow it and tighten the cpu. Helped for 10 minutes now its back to 100%.

I dont know of any more troubleshooting to do on it. He's took it because he needs it and im going to get it back on sunday so im thinking should i take the fan apart and clean it and stick new artic 5 thermal paste on the celeron???

Is there any one out there that has anymore troubleshooting tips like hardware/software to troubleshoot this problem?? Please help..

Like any good free software that I can test the internal components temperature with...

I fought after I ditched the rubbish vista and acer's bloatware it would be running super fast but its not. lol. I know its a celeron but jeez it should'int be running at 100%.

Any help appreciated!!! :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

Download Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspx
Unzip ProcessExplorer.zip, and double click on procexp.exe to run the program.
Click on View > Select Colunms.
In addition to already pre-selected options, make sure, the Command Line is selected, and press OK.
Go File>Save As, and save the report as Procexp.txt.
Attach the file to your next reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

I would get more RAM for that machine 1Gig is not enough for Windows Vista or 7 Ultimate.

Edited by cryptodan, 08 April 2010 - 05:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users