Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware/Virus Symptoms, but no proof? Diagnostic Help Please!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sometimes_Y

Sometimes_Y

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Hey all!

So a few weeks ago i was infected with tigefeki.dll virus/malware whatever. Supposedly, Kaspersky found it and deleted it on startup. Now, Kaspersky 2010 as well as Mbam regularly find random malware/virus dll's and other files. When found, they are disposed of successfully. However, after several clean full (deep) scans from both softwares, my computer is still exhibiting worrying symptoms which include:

-Flickering screen when changing programs (as if the graphics card was frequently resetting)
-Pretty slow boot up
-Lagging program boots, especially immediately after startup (for instance, firefox takes like 3 minutes to boot up)
-Lagging PC game performance, even though i've overclocked my ATI Radeon graphics card
-Some commands result in forced restart, when the computer beeps and goes to the "memory dump prep" screen and prompts a reboot

Please note that none of this was happening before the tigefeki.dll virus as well as anything i have or haven't been infected with since.

I'm new here, so i really don't know what logs or information to post, but i'm willing to install programs and post whatever is needed to fix this.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Edited by Sometimes_Y, 08 April 2010 - 02:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sometimes_Y

Sometimes_Y
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

~~~~~~...~~~~~~~

BUMP.

#3 JacobHall

JacobHall

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

Hey,

Don't go bumping the threads, the staff are very busy and it wont help you bumping the thread, beleive me. Just takes longer for support to help you out.

You should really post up a DDS log, and then wait patiently and not make any chanegs to the system in hand.

#4 Sometimes_Y

Sometimes_Y
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:45 PM

Hey,

Don't go bumping the threads, the staff are very busy and it wont help you bumping the thread, beleive me. Just takes longer for support to help you out.

You should really post up a DDS log, and then wait patiently and not make any chanegs to the system in hand.

haha i would! but i don't know what a DDS log is =\

#5 Sometimes_Y

Sometimes_Y
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

no disrespect or rush, but its day 3...bump =\

#6 JacobHall

JacobHall

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

Hey,

Give them a chance to get round to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users