Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google-redirect Virus - requires unique fix?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 celled20

celled20

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:17 AM

Hello. Google search links will sometimes redirect me to a different page. It is rarely the same page every time. I've searched fixes for this issue and none prevent me being redirected to a different page when I click google links. So far I've ran Malwarebytes', combofix, hitman pro 3, and a script that is supposed to reset reg files. I see another thread on the same topic but I'm not sure if that solution will fix my problem. Help please.

EDIT:

My OS is windows XP
and I am being sent to sites like, eg:
http://www.momversation.com/episodes/colga...tner=9222-10096

Edited by celled20, 08 April 2010 - 11:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 adranakragin

adranakragin

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

I am going through basically the same thing right now...I've been dealing with it for a few days, but it keeps coming back. About 80% of the time, my Google links will redirect. The search goes through correctly, but when I click to follow the result links, I'm randomly redirected to some ad/search result page. I'm running Windows XP and have done scans with SpyBot, MBAM, McAfee (which is proving worthless lol), but even when they come up with results, it's not fixing the search problem. I've been searching for a solution and was sent here...although I'm hesitant to post about it when this is exactly the same thing.

Good luck to us both, I suppose.

#3 celled20

celled20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

Could a mod please lock/delete this thread? With logs, I have posted on the same topic here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308156/google-redirecting-virus-removal/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users