Here are the various things I have tried so far.
1. Right clicked and opened as Administrator.
2. Right clicked and taken ownership.
3. Started the installer from an elevated command line.
4. Entered this in the command line : net user administrator / active:yes. This command was completed successfully.
5. Tried to access secpol.msc but the system won't let me.
That's it, I have tried everything I know and always with the same result. When I look at my permissions I see I have Full Control over a list of items but right at the bottom there is always a little square for 'Special Permissions' and it is always greyed out.
I would be much obliged for any assistance you can offer as at the moment my expensive ipod is useless without being able to access iTunes.
Edited by ipoduser, 08 April 2010 - 10:17 AM.