Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install iTunes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ipoduser

ipoduser

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:14 AM

When trying to install the iTunes package it goes OK and installs Quick Time and then starts on installing iTunes itself. Towards the end of the installation I get the error that I don't have permission to access one of the registry keys, and then the program rolls back. I am the owner and Administrator of this computer installed with Windows 7 Home Edition.
Here are the various things I have tried so far.
1. Right clicked and opened as Administrator.
2. Right clicked and taken ownership.
3. Started the installer from an elevated command line.
4. Entered this in the command line : net user administrator / active:yes. This command was completed successfully.
5. Tried to access secpol.msc but the system won't let me.

That's it, I have tried everything I know and always with the same result. When I look at my permissions I see I have Full Control over a list of items but right at the bottom there is always a little square for 'Special Permissions' and it is always greyed out.
I would be much obliged for any assistance you can offer as at the moment my expensive ipod is useless without being able to access iTunes.

Edited by ipoduser, 08 April 2010 - 10:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:24 AM

did you get the right version
64bit/32bit

#3 ipoduser

ipoduser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:57 AM

Yes, the 32 bit version.

#4 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-49217-e...stalling-itunes
according to this forum they fixed it by uninstalling the apple software update through control panel and the reinstalled itunes from download.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users