Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 1303, system restore, sfc ect..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rkferris

rkferris

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:51 AM

Hello everyone, I removed a spyware problem a couple weeks back and now I've gradually run into things that will not work. I tried to install a program I paid for and downloaded to make the windows 7 upgradable, and I get a error 1303 installation error, I just now realized system restore will not work, just a message " system restore cannot help you restart your computer and try again". scannow does not work, and i cannot remember oh wait, also my comp will freeze up and this is a new "gamers" comp with absolutly no excuse for freezing....it does not freeze during gaming, just in windows( I built this comp myself btw). anyways anyone know what to do? Ive downloaded three regestry fix programs but they dont fix anything
XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
EVGA gForce 9800GTX+ Graphics
ASUS BC-1205PT BDROM/DVDRW/CDRW
WD 500GB HDD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:35 AM

The registry "fix" programs are more than likely adding to your problems rather than solving them. My guess would be during the Malware/spyware removal some files were either removed or corrupted. Use your windows CD and do a repair installation.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

Should I Use A Registry Cleaner - http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099

Why I donít use registry cleaners - http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=643

Louis

#4 rkferris

rkferris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:28 AM

Sorry I forgot to mention that I did try that but the windows version is newer than the one on the cd....my guess on that is because of the service pack 3 installed. would re installing service pack three fix my problem?
XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
EVGA gForce 9800GTX+ Graphics
ASUS BC-1205PT BDROM/DVDRW/CDRW
WD 500GB HDD

#5 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:53 AM

Not likely. However you can use a program like Nlite to slipstream SP3 with your old XP CD to make a new installation CD that includes SP3 and use that for the repair.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users