Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows can't find my keyboard!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_angstocracy_*

Guest_angstocracy_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:27 AM

The fault developed following a malware attack . System is now clean but I can't get my keyboard back. I was told to post here . There is nothing physicaly wrong with the keyboard itself but error 41 code comes up in device manager. Have tried uninstall reinstall rollback update drivers all to no avail and now it's driving me crazy :thumbsup: Any help would be greatly appreciated please and thanks :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:21 AM

FWIW: Error Codes In Device Manager

I would simply have tried a different keyboard.

Louis

#3 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

i agree try a new keboard
or if it is usb did you try a different port?

#4 Guest_angstocracy_*

Guest_angstocracy_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

:thumbsup: My computer has not been right for two weeks now as I have had to go through various procedures to rid it of malware and try and clean up the mess left behind I have had to move to different areas of the forum as advised by my very good helpers.It's been time consuming and at times tedious :flowers: but I am very thankful for the help by knowledgeable ones who clearly know their stuff. Just when I think I can finally look forward to resolving this last problem . What do I get ,well thank heavens for you two, a pair of grimsby fishwives on the way to market perhaps " 'ere you don't wanna do it like that mate you wanna do it like this " oh look it's one of them computater thingy bobs "av you tried switching it off and switching on again" I usedto av one of them you have to giv ita bash on the top like this " perhaps you have some useful folk remedies you would like to share also. Look you two , did you even read my post ? The link you put in refers to the procedure already described in the post . Try a new keyboard ! are you serious ? does it not say there is nothing wrong with the keyboard how do you think I figured that out . Do you think I might have tried the keyboard on another pc or a different port or plugged in a different keyboard before I post in a technical help forum . meuchel what are you anyway his echo? You are like something I can't describe adequately here on this forum. PLEASE GO AWAY .Please do not post in this thread again because you really make me feel like swearing and I don't want to do that :trumpet: .

Anyone else please be assured that helpful suggestions will be received with the utmost graciousness . Thank you so much . :inlove:

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

LOL... :thumbsup: .

Louis

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:47 AM

:thumbsup: Try a new keyboard ! are you serious ?

Absolutly serious.

does it not say there is nothing wrong with the keyboard

Yes that is what it says.

how do you think I figured that out . Do you think I might have tried the keyboard on another pc or a different port or plugged in a different keyboard before I post in a technical help forum.

We don't think anything about how you figured it out. We don't know if you would have tried/did try the keyboard on another pc or different one on your pc. You mentioned nothing about that. We aren't mind readers and are not sitting next to you when you do these things. In a case like this, it's vital to know such things have been tried. The suggestion to use another keyboard was based on what you told us, NOT what you didn't tell us. That's why the suggestion was made.

Anyone else please be assured that helpful suggestions will be received with the utmost graciousness . Thank you so much . :flowers:

Leave the attitude out of your posts as having good attitude will go far to get you the help you need. Attacking those trying to help you will get you no where fast.

Now, you never said if your keyboard is USP or PS2 connection.

Based on your statement in your first post, you did follow the instructions for error 40 which is found in the link Hamluis posted.
Is your keyboard a multimedia keyboard? If it is, do you have the software installed for it?

If it's a USB keyboard, have you gone into bios, rooted around, to see if enable legacy support is enabled?
Did you try a different port when hooking it up? If not, try it and see what happens.

Finally, everyone is welcome to reply to topics. If you have a problem with someone "horning in" pm a BC moderator.
You may not like what he says, but there was no need to tell him

meuchel what are you anyway his echo? You are like something I can't describe adequately here on this forum. PLEASE GO AWAY .Please do not post in this thread again because you really make me feel like swearing and I don't want to do that

It's also not a good idea to make insulting statements to the people who can help you.

from Forum Guidelines

There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. This includes flaming or instigating arguments.

What you did was violate several parts of that guideline.

#7 Guest_angstocracy_*

Guest_angstocracy_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:04 AM

oops, my bad :trumpet: sorry a big thumbs up to loius and meuchus :thumbsup: you guys are alright post away. lou knew it was tongue in cheek. :inlove:
it is a usb and all the stuff mentioned has been tried, some of it more than once . love and peace . i'll be good now, promise. :flowers: please help

Edited by angstocracy, 09 April 2010 - 06:04 AM.

#8 Guest_angstocracy_*

Guest_angstocracy_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:46 AM

FOUND something about removing upper and lower registry filters and corrupted keys, if you think you know how to do this please post :thumbsup:

#9 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

wow this post went sour fast

#10 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:05 AM

What is the make and model number of your keyboard?

#11 Guest_angstocracy_*

Guest_angstocracy_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

:thumbsup: hi, it's a dell L100. came with the pc. there is no ps2 on the pc .

#12 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:58 AM

error 41 means the driver is installed fine but its not finding the device. Check in device manager if the USB ports are working or if there are any errors with them. This may be a long shot, but perhaps try reinstalling the chipset drivers.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#13 Guest_angstocracy_*

Guest_angstocracy_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

:thumbsup: hi there.done earlier all usb ok . chipset reinstall ok. have trawled microsoft supp seems to suggest reg issue. diagnostic utility recognized k/b attatched even the type a nd layout but os can't locate it!

#14 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

Well, I don't play with the registry much, if that is the case your prolly gonna have to find help from someone else or reinstall the OS. sorry :thumbsup:

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#15 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

Another longshot.

Go to Device Manager. RIGHT click on Keyboards, choose Scan for hardware changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users