Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected? Other cleanup?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sameolsameo

sameolsameo

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:56 AM

Hi, and thanks in advance to you folks who give so much of your time and experience!

All of the following are current, except as noted:

Win XP Pro SP3 (I don't use Outlook)
Outpost Free Firewall 6.5.1
Firefox 3.6.3
Symantec Client Security 9.05.1000

Malwarebytes
SpyBot S & D
Spywareblaster
SuperAntiSpyware

IoBit ASC free
CCleaner
RegScrubXP 3.25

I practice safe surfing but recently clicked on a couple of unintended sites while too tired to see straight. They weren't obviously bad or anything, just unfamiliar to me. (Sorry, I can't even remember what they were.) I went through my usual routine: clear recent history from Firefox, close all browser windows, run CCleaner. Also ran the above AV/anti-spy apps, which all were updated. Everything came up clean. I am not experiencing error messages or really disruptive behaviors, other than the following:

Yesterday and today I get Symantec's LU1847 error, that the update list is corrupted. (Other apps updated fine.)
I also note that online sent packets are running about 20% more than what I'm receiving.
Could this be in part because I am using wireless now and not Ethernet?

I'm sure there are plenty of things to dump from this computer-- even if not infected-- so will appreciate your patience with me as I endeavor to clean it up. One example is that I seem to have at least traces of 3 versions of Spybot....

Combofix is downloaded, I've got a few other tools not listed, and I'm looking forward to your assistance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users