Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple windows opening

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 corplug

corplug

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:42 AM

For the last couple of days, when starting up and clicking on a program, mutiple windows open and keep opening unless I exit the program. The same thi
ng
o
ccurs with email in outlook. The favorites list in IE keeps scrolling also.....
HELP.
I have run 2 anti spyware programs and a virus check with Commodo.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:51 AM

This may happen if you have a faulty mouse. After some time (one or two years) the metal spring in the mouse button wears out and when you click the mouse button once, it is pressed multiple times causing the click to be registered many times. So when you click on a program once, it actually gets clicked many times. So my suggestion is first you should start by replacing or trying out a new or different mouse.

#3 corplug

corplug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

This may happen if you have a faulty mouse. After some time (one or two years) the metal spring in the mouse button wears out and when you click the mouse button once, it is pressed multiple times causing the click to be registered many times. So when you click on a program once, it actually gets clicked many times. So my suggestion is first you should start by replacing or trying out a new or different mouse.

Thanks for the advice, I have tried another mouse and the problem is the same.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

In that case, it may be malware infection. Please post a new topic in the section : Am I infected? What do I do?

#5 corplug

corplug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:02 AM

Thanks.....will do

#6 English Teacher

English Teacher

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:45 AM

You could also try changing another keyboard to see if that works first!!

Edited by English Teacher, 09 April 2010 - 02:45 AM.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If at first you do succeed, try not to look surprised.

#7 corplug

corplug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:16 AM

Thanks for that, whilst unplugging the keyboard I noticed that the Enter key was stuck down :thumbsup: , feel such an idiot having spent two days disabling various start up programs, rolling back etc.....rest assured I will beat myself about the head my stupidity.
Thanks again

#8 English Teacher

English Teacher

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:17 AM

You're very welcome!!! Don't be too hard sometimes it's easy to overlook the simple options!! :-)

Edited by English Teacher, 09 April 2010 - 05:45 AM.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If at first you do succeed, try not to look surprised.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users