Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE6 will not open some links

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dubbi

Dubbi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 10 May 2004 - 02:08 PM

IE6 will not open secondary windows. I think it is a permissions issue. I believe that someone has messed with the Program Files Security permissions. Giving a rights to everyone. BUT when a Domain user clicks on a button that is supposed to open a new window to view a report or other data, the window does not open and the browser window status bar says Done. If I am logged in as the Domain administrator, browser works great. All links open. It I am logged in as a Domain User, the same pages will not display. I have tried to re-install IE6. And Adobe Acrobat Reader (this was one of the pages that would not open). Any Ideas????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Plimsol_*

Guest_Plimsol_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:41 PM

Well a permission issue for the program files directory should not cause an issue, as if it was that you would not be able to use internet explorer at all.

What oeprating system are you on?

#3 Dubbi

Dubbi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:20 AM

OS is 2000. I am sure that is is a permissions issue. If I log in as any Domain Admin. IE works. If I log in as ANY Domain User, IE will not open certain links with second windows.

#4 Guest_Plimsol_*

Guest_Plimsol_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 May 2004 - 03:26 PM

Anything in your domain policies?

Also how about adding the domain users with full permissions to program files and all subdirectories and see if that fixes it. If it does then you know its a rights issue and you further define the permissions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users