I see that you posted a logless topic in the log forum here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307978/cannot-use-system-restore-and-all-applications-are-default/
Normally, I'd merge the topic here and provide additional instructions and have you create a new topic there once you managed to create some logs. Given the time lapse though, I'll adapt those instructions so you don't lose your place in line.
Since you are unable to run DDS, please download RSIT
by random/random and save it to your Desktop.Note: You will need to run this tool while connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding Rist attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
- Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
- Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
- If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
- Click Continue after reading the disclaimer screen.
- Leave the drop down box set to default: "List/folders created or modified in the last 1 month (30 days).
- When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
- Please post your log as a response to your topic in the log forum.
- Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.
If RSIT did not work, then reply to THIS topic and we will provide further instructions.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.