Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dont really kinow whats going on....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SpeakEasy

SpeakEasy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:03 PM

I got two machines. A laptop and a desktop. I tried looking for a MOD converter to convert video files on both. Now I have an icon in the sys tray that says I-Q Manager. Every now and then..it comes up and says my computer is being searched for illegal copywrite material. I have this on both. Well I ran malwarebyte scan on the laptop....found 5 objects..removed and rebooted. Now my laptop comes up with this backdrop that says Piracy detected!!! It has to be spyware cause the word "received" is misspelled. It will not let me boot. It wants me to fill out a form to move this to the court or to settle up. Now my desktop has this too and I need to find out what this is. I searched for it..nothing. Has anyone seen this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:27 PM

Hello ,We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide
Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 and not here,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users