Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FOXIT Problem!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 deanj20

deanj20

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

This was originally posted by my friend nihil @ antionline.com. Thought I'd share it with the Bleeping Computer community. See the original thread here.

Hi,

As many of you already know FOXIT is a .pdf file reader.

I got a heads up today to update it, which I did..............using my normal method of downloading the file then launching it.

It wanted to know if it could change my search browser to ask.com and add some toolbar and some other crap.

Now, the defaults appeared to be yes, given that the defaults were green ticks.......so I unchecked them.

Then, about a half-hour later one of my "system policemen" pops up and says "this ask.com thing wants to update itself"

What is it about "NO" that FOXIT does not understand.........???????????????

I now regard it as crapware, scumware and top of my DOS (delete on sight) list.

If you have stock:

Opinion: Strong sell (whilst some mug will buy it?)

I'm changing pdf viewers. :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users