Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Mouse Not Recognized, Bios Bad on Dell Vostro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dursman2000

dursman2000

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

hi guys,
I have a Dell Vostro 220 desktop that's been running fine. Unfortunately something seems to have gone wrong when I updated the BIOS via the Dell website a few minutes ago.

Once Windows XP starts, it LOOKS like it's in safe mode (huge icons, etc.), even though it's not.

What's more, my USB mouse NO LONGER works. It's not even powered on.

Once the PC restarts, or I go into the set-up (before Windows loads), the mouse is ON again -- but not when Windows starts.

Is there a way to "reset" the bios so I can get things working again?? PLEASE HELP ME.

cheers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

Did you update everything else when you flashed the BIOS?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:11 PM

Sounds to me like all drivers need to be reinstalled...and maybe the USB settings in the BIOS need to be reset.

Louis

#4 thicool

thicool

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

yea download all the drivers and that should take care of it, usb port driver for your mouse and keyboard, graphics driver for huge icons, and other drivers to fix any problems you may not have mentioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users