Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System restore error. Computer shut down

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LOH714

LOH714

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

Hello! I hope someone can help.

I have an HP Pav. DV2000 series I believe. I went to do system restore yest. (i have the 2 discs for it) and it got to the half way mark 50% and then the computer just shut down. I took the Disc out and tried turning it on and it it gave the this error message: INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing. Status 14. Press any key to exit:

Now I can't get past anything to finish the system restore! Any suggestions?! Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

have you tried putting the system restore disc back in and running it again?

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 LOH714

LOH714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

I have tried that a couple times actually. I tired it lastnight and it shut down half way through again. And as of right now, it says it can't detect my hard drive.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:06 AM

Worth knowing, IMO: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...lc=en&cc=us.

More Possibly Useful Info

Louis

#5 LOH714

LOH714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

Damn that info was really helpful! Thank you much. Mine is actually on that for the free repair thing. The thing that was first wrong with my computer was it wouldnt detect a wireless network and etc etc. So they said I should do a system restore thing. Well that wireless problem is actually one of those issues listed for that hardware prob on the HP pav. GRRR!!! Wish I would've known that before. Now I just need to contact HP and see if they can fix my hard drive even if it isn't working correctly. Ha!

Thank you very much for the info! I will have to bookmark it and check it every so often for new issues haha. :thumbsup:

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:08 PM

Good luck and happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users